Webinar #4: 21 June 2016
A big leadership challenge is communicating climate change issues among different stakeholders in project implementation.
The webinar aimed for the participants to:
- Appreciate the increasing need for climate change leadership in projects;
- Identify communication challenges, based on discussions during the 2016 Asia Leadership Program, and have greater understanding and tools on how to overcome them; and
- Use a discussion platform where additional communication support can be provided.
The two main resource persons are Matthias Gelber and Charlotte Lapsansky. Their discussion focused on the following:
- Climate Change Communication and Leadership after COP 21
- Project Communication for Development Results
Matthias is an avid environmentalist dubbed dubbed as the “Green Man” for his commitment to sustainable practices and being a model of green living. On the other hand, Charlotte is Development Communications Specialist at ADB, where she is part of the team that is establishing a program to strengthen communication for development in the Bank.
Summaries and Technical Notes
Pre-Event Activities and Other Resources
Prior to the session, participants were encouraged to watch the short video "What is Stakeholder Engagement?" by Future 500. While set in a corporate scenario, the video presents principles of engagement and communication that are also highly relevant in the development setting.
View the full session here
After viewing the video, you may share your feedback by completing a quick survey online here>>